Where Had I Been in 2012

Its almost end of the year...no more travelling until next year...i just came back from the most recent city last week...which was my last travel for 2012...


This year i started travelling quite late which in the mid of the year...unlike the previous year which had me flying off to Europe in January...but this year due to the transfer to the new office...i have to let go two of my travel which was in March and April 2012 to Medan...the first one was with Ady and Ijam...and the later with my family...they went...i didn't...then again due to work commitment...another two in the later end of the year...to Surabaya and Palembang respectively...


My first trip was to Brunei Darussalam...which mark my 8th ASEAN countries in my ASEAN list...now i am left with Myanmar and Laos to complete...not much interesting thing can be said about my trip...but it was a good experience to be exposed to the new surroundings...


Usually i will plan something in June for my birthday...but this year i didn't...since Airasia had cancelled the flight to New Zealand...therefore i just celebrated my birthday at the comfort of my own home...the following month off to Phnom Penh...which will be my second time to Phnom Penh...then off to Siem Reap from Phnom Penh...


Coming back from Cambodia...it was the start of the fasting month...the only travelling that i had done was going back to Alor Star...home sweet home...still kampung boy at heart...hehehe...August was the Aidilfitri and September i was getting prepared for another trip...


It was to Lombok in the mid of September...the date clashed with my plan with Aida and Pa'an to Surabaya...but what to do...fly off to Lombok and have a transit flight in Bali...killing two birds with one stone...hehehe...Lombok was utterly amazing...it was a perfect getaway...luckily enough...i managed to find time in between to go around the Senggigi area which was within the hotel location...overnight transit in Bali was sufficient enough just to recap the hectic-ness of Bali...totally different atmosphere as compared to Lombok...


Early October Amy and i fly off to Makassar...over the weekend...totally budget trip...but we managed to cover a lot of ground...from Samalona Island...to Bantimurung and Leang Leang...all within the weekend...i had sunburn which last until now...have to remind myself again and again that there is something called sunblock the next time i plan to go to the beach...owh i also got a bit of sunburn from Lombok...but i didn't jump into the water when i was in Lombok...so it was not as severe as Makassar trip...hahaha...


November was hectic...early November off to Manila...in the middle of upper class area of Makati City...i seriously can recount every single retail shops in Greenbelt...it was my turf for 4 days...i also had the chance to re-connect with my friend whom i haven't met for almost 5 years...the last time we met was in Kuala Lumpur...hahaha...back from Manila...off again to Phnom Penh...this time around managed to went to do a very fast-paced little shopping around the area...on the day of the departure...hahaha...


Finally...end of November...i originally planned to go to Europe this week which is the final week of December 2012 since i was unable to join the early year Eurotrip with Jiana Amy and Jaja...but i was lucky enough to be able to went earlier than i originally planned...fly off to Amsterdam...then train to Den Haag or known as The Hague in English...almost three weeks there...making full use of it...going around the nearby cities when time permits...


The second time in Paris was much more interesting than the first time i was there...this time around i had better memories of the city...no woman shouting vulgar words at me in French...no guy ushering us out from the souvenir shops...left Paris unscratched...except for the deceasing amount in the bank account...hahaha...


Brussels was as lovely as i remembered...still with the smell of freshly baked waffles and chocolates that lingered in the air...i love the city a lot...for its still the only city in Europe that is able to make me gain weight...hahaha...


A trip down to the south of Holland was a serious threat to my wallet...train ride to Eindhoven and Utretch...then straight to the unknown little town named Roermond...they have a designer outlet which was totally tempting...luckily i still managed to regain my senses and didn't overspent or making myself demotivated by looking at the credit card statement...but it still managed to do some serious damage to my wallet...hahaha...


Repeating Amsterdam experience was something memorable...this time around i managed to see more of what Amsterdam have to offer...it was a rewarding experience...


Somehow i didn't know that i had been to The Hague before a few years ago...until i came across the statue of the giant eating haring by the beach...only then did i recall that i was there...only that we never knew the name of the city...how ironic...The Hague will remain in my memory as the city that have me experience my first ever snow-falling-to-my-face experience...had snow experience in Prague last year...but nothing compared to the feeling of having those snows falling on your face...it was magical...eventhough the locals doesn't seem to really looking forward to it...i kinda understand why...5 layers of clothing every time you want to go out...ermmm...it was only for one day...but the image of those snows falling lingers in my mind for always...


Finale of my 2012 travel was to Antwerp...the capital of the province of flanders...the dutch side of belgium...the city of diamonds...hahaha...didn't go for any diamond though...totally sightseeing...on foot...extremely tiring...but totally happy non-the-less...


Overall it was an interesting 2012...starting up a bit slow...but the pace keeps building up until the year end...i wish that my travel buddies was around during all those trips...maybe next time...now i am looking forward for the year 2013...where will the wind takes me...but for this year...i am happy to be where had i been in 2012...

T.Y.S

Comments

Popular Posts